What Do Georgia Election Results Say About Our Faith in God?

To answer this question, we must consider who believes in God. Our founding fathers must have believed in God. They said in the Declaration of Independence that “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-“

According to Wikipedia, in 2019, Christians represent 65% of the total adult population of the United States. . The Jewish population is about 2% of the of the population of the Untied states. This means that 67% of the Unites States population believe in the old testament.

The results of the Georgia election show that almost each candidate received close to 50% of the vote. So, lets compare the candidates to see if they are Godly candidates and support the values of the old testament.

First, we must consider the issues that are to be important to God based on the old testament. God says in the old testament that you should not commit murder. So the question becomes is abortion murder. In the U.S., most crimes of violence are covered by state law, not federal law. 38 states currently recognize the “unborn child” (the term usually used) or fetus as a homicide victim, and 23 of those states apply this principle throughout the period of pre-natal development. Therefore, in most states, it is murder to kill a unborn child unless the mother decides to kill it.

If you believe in God, how can you support abortion? So, people who believe in God should think carefully about voting for a pro-choice candidate.

We know that homosexuality is considered a sin in the old testament. So, we must love the sinner, but reject the sin. Therefore, Godly people should not vote for a candidate that condones homosexuality.

Does the candidate support the Constitution? Let’s consider the first amendment. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Does the candidate agree with the state prohibiting the free exercise of religion. Does the candidate support homosexual marriage? The Catholics consider it a sacrament. If homosexuality is a sin in the old testament, how can homosexual marriage be condoned.

Now, consider the second amendment. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, the definitin of infringed is “the to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another” If the candidate is opposed to the second amendment, is the candidate a Godly candidate.

Reverend Raphael Warnock is pro-choice, supports homosexuality, and is against the second amendment. He does have a few questions about his being a Godly candidate.

SEnator Kelly Loeffler is against abortion, against homosexuality, and supports the second amendment. She seems like a Godly candidate.

Jon Ossoff is pro-choice, supports homosexuality, and is against the second amendment. He has a few questions about his being a Godly candidate.

Senator David Perdue is against abortion, against homosexuality, and supports the second amendment. He seems like a Godly candidate.

If we only consider who is the best Godly candidate, the vote should be for Senator Kelly Loeffler and Senator David Perdue.

Since each candidate in this election received almost 50% of the vote, some Christians and Jews did not vote for the most Godly candidate because 67% of the population is Christian or Jewish. About 17% voted for party instead of voting their faith.

The two party system has been playing good cop and bad cop with us. We often have to vote for the lessor of two evils. It is time to vote our faith and not our party.

Ask yourself this question.

What is more important to me: My God or a political party?

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply